The Successful barber
These are views by Dereck Major Fade. Welcome to my Blog for barbers.
When it comes to running a successful barbershop, one key factor is always in play – increasing the clientele. A barber’s success hinges on generating more clients and keeping them coming back in the door. Fortunately, using the right strategies you can quickly start building up your clientele and grow your business. Here are some tips to help you increase your barbering clientele.
1. Offer Referral Programs: By offering referral programs can be a great way to get more clients walking through your door. All you have to do is offer a reward to existing clients who refer somebody else to your shop. For instance, you could give the referring customer 10 percent off their next service or provide a free haircut for the referred customer.
2. Participate in Events: Not often talked about but participating in local events can be an effective way to get your name out there and draw more clients to your shop. Consider setting up a vendor booth at local festivals, community activities or charity events to promote your business. You can even staff your booth with a few of your most experienced barbers to make sure everyone gets a great haircut. Consider Fades & Braids this year if you have not participated in an event before.
3. Update Your Website: Having a professional-looking website is essential for barbershops these days. Your website should include everything your clients need to know – the services you offer, the products you use, your shop’s address, your hours of operation, etc. Make sure your website is optimized for local search results and focus on building its SEO.
4. Social media is still one of the most powerful tools barbers can use to increase their clientele. Create a Facebook page for your shop and post pictures and videos of your work. You can also use social media platforms such as Yelp, Instagram and Twitter to get the word out. Also capitalize on #hashtags such as #majorfade
5. Use Attractive Signage Having attractive signage is a great way to draw clients in and get them to stay once they’re already in the shop. Make sure your signs include your name, address and phone number, as well as your shop’s logo and any special offers you might have.
6. Offer Special Promotions: With special promotions are a great way to attract more clients to your shop. You could offer discounts on certain services or free haircuts for the first 10 new customers who come in. You could also create loyalty programs and rewards for customers who keep coming back. Be mindful of this, do not become the discount barbershop for it will be difficult to get out of this title.
7. Participate in Online Forums: Participating in online forums is another great way to increase your clientele. Look for forums related to barbering and post useful information and answer questions. This will help you establish yourself as an expert and draw customers who need your services.
8. Get Certified:With certification it can be a great way to stand out among other barbers. Getting certified will show potential clients that you have a certain level of expertise and they can trust you with their hair. Look into local barbering programs and find out what certifications you need to achieve to be seen as a professional. By using these strategies, you can start bringing in more clients to your barbershop and increase your clientele.
In conclusion please remember just by offering referral programs, participating in events, updating your website and engaging on social media, you can gain more exposure and make sure that your shop is the one people are choosing. So make sure you take the time to implement these strategies and watch your business grow.
My name is Dereck Payne and my brand is called Major Fade, thank you for taking the time to read my blog post.